Mastering Software Architectures
Pragmatic, effective Software Architectures
3 day introductory training developed by Peter Hruschka and Gernot Starke
You can expect..
a solid, practical and pragmatic introduction to architecture with lots of exercises. You will learn and practise the different tasks of software archtects using an extensive case study. The focus is on a methodical and systematic approach to architectural design and evaluation. You will receive concrete tips on how to proceed in development projects, supported with practical examples.
In short (for more info see below)
- Roles and tasks
- Agility and architecture
- Setting the scope and external interfaces
- Design Methods (Domain Driven Design, Quality Driven Architecture, …)
- Architectural Views
- Architecture Patterns
- Documentation of Architectures
- Analyzing and evaluating architeftures
This course is primarily for developers an architects that want to understand the role “software architect” and learn about their tasks and skills.
If you are project manager, product manager, product owner or Scrum coach? You will get an easy to understand introduction to software architecture so that you and your development teams will be able to communicate in a common language.
Ideal Preparation for the iSAQB CPSA-F exam
This training is accredited by iSAQB and covers the complete curriculum of CPSA Foundation Level.
Therefore, besides offering a high degree of practice our seminar Mastering Software Architecture offers an ideal and effective way to prepare yourself for the iSAQB CPSA Foundation Level certification.
We have successfully prepared more than 3000 persons for the exam in the last couple of years.
About the iSAQB certification
We organisize the exam for you, and (optionally) reserve a seat for the exam. The fee for the exam (currently € 250,- + VAT - where applicable) will be sent to you after the course. You don’t need to do anything explicitly - you can cancel your interest in the exam even during the seminar.
Extensive Description of Content
Introduction and Motivation
- Tasks, role and responsibilities of software architectures
- Architecture in the development process
- Clarifying Requirements & constraints
- Deriving architectural or quality goals
Documentation of Architecture
- Goals and requirements for architecture documentation
- Typical architecture documents
- Architectural views
The Architecture Development Process
- Methodological tools for developing software architecture
- devolping business architectures
- Domain Driven Design
- Quality Driven Design: tactics and practices to achieve quality goals
- Top Down vs. Bottom Up Approaches
- Building Block View: Building Blocks & Interfaces
- Runtime View: describe processes and scenarios
- Deployment View: Infrastructure and deployment of building blocks to it
- conceptual design
Patterns and Principles
- Architecture and Design Patterns
- Fundamental Design Principles
Analysis and Evaluation of Software Architectures
- qualitative and scenario-based Evaluation of architecture (e.g. ATAM)
- quantitative evaluations and effective use of metrics